Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chicken Alfredo Pizza: My New Favorite

So I was craving my new favorite pizza last night and since we had all the necessary ingredients we made Chicken Alfredo Pizza. It is so good, though I was a little hesitant to try it the very first time because I don't really care for white sauces in general.
Spencer made the crust (he is excellent with the dough) and it is a white crust that you have to pre-bake for 5-7 minutes before putting the toppings on. The toppings include the homemade white sauce, cooked chicken, spinach and tomatoes.


The recipe makes two 12" pizzas or one 16-18" pizza. I actually prefer when we make the one larger pizza because the crust is a little bit thicker. However the oven in our house is not a full size oven and our large pizza pan does not fit into it. We have done the one large pizza at other peoples homes though.

Spencer thought the pizza turned out really well and was our best on this type of pizza. His judgment is illustrated below along with our ratings.


Crust: 3.5
Sauce: 3.8
Overall: 3.86
(When I mentioned to Spencer that he was giving low rankings he said "Well its been a while since I've ranked pizza! I'm out of practice!" So forgive us our low ratings, it was really very delicious!)

PS we will be blogging again soon because we are making calzones tonight! So stay tuned for a totally new pizza experience!

2 comments:

  1. The edge on that pizza crust is beautiful! Man,I'm craving that pizza now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Spencer does that. I told you he's a genius with the dough.

    ReplyDelete